FluentValidation 2.0 Beta 2 now available
FluentValidation 2.0 beta 2 is now available for download. Here are the release notes:
Changes since 2.0 beta 1:
- Updated MVC integration to work with MVC3 RC
- Removed the v1.1 backwards compatibility layer. If you’re still using old-style custom validators (which were marked as Obsolete since v1.2), you will need to upgrade.
- Silverlight assembly renamed to FluentValidation.dll for consistency (formerly was FluentValidation.Silverlight.dll)
- Provide more useful information in ValidationException error message.
- Removed old mechanism for specifying cascade mode. Use .Cascade(cascadeMode) instead
- FluentValidatorModelMetadataProvider now converts NotNull/NotEmpty validators to IsRequired in metadata.
- Patch - updated German localization
- Using a child validator on a collection will now skip items in the collection that are null.
- NotEmptyValidator can now work against empty collections (for collections that implement ICollection)
All changes since 1.3:
- Performance improvements to AttributedValidatorFactory
- Fixed an issue where CascadeMode values are ignored if they're changed after the rules have been defined.
- Ported FluentValidation to WP7.
- ShouldHaveChildValidator test helper now works with child collection validators
- Simplified the implementation of SetValidator.
Written on November 9, 2010